Riviera Australia Pty Ltd ACN 139 663 906 and each of its related entities (Riviera, we, us) is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act.
Personal Information refers to any information that may personally identify you or by which your identity may be reasonably determined.
The personal information that we collect and hold about you depends on your interaction with us. We collect and hold various types of personal information in connection with your use of the services on the Website, including:
- contact details such as your name, address, phone number and email address;
- financial and transaction data, including billing and credit card details;
- usage data including information about how you use our services;
- technical data including your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website;
- marketing and communications data, including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences; and
- information necessary for or incidental to the provision of our services on the Website.
How is my personal information collected?
We collect personal information in a number of ways through you directly or through your authorised representative, including when you visit us at our Website and submit your personal information or request your personal information to be used (i.e., by subscribing to an email newsletter, filling out a contact form, or otherwise in the course of providing our products and services to you).
We sometimes collect personal information from a third party or a publicly available source, but only if:
- you have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way, or
- if it is necessary for a specific purpose, such as investigating a privacy complaint.
How do you use my personal information?
We only use personal information if it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one of our functions or activities and for the purpose of:
- providing you and our other clients with our services on the Website;
- creating and managing your online account on the Website;
- communicating with you about your use of the services or any changes to the services;
- facilitating payment for the purchase of products or services through our Website or otherwise;
- performing any of the features on our Website, such as conducting surveys, market research, or competitions with your consent; and
- complying with the law, including privacy legislation.
Is my personal information disclosed to third parties?
We do not disclose personal information to any government agencies, private sector organisations or any other third party unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- you would reasonably expect, or have told us, that information of this kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies;
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law;
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health; or
- it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty or for the protection of public revenue.
Is my personal information stored securely?
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. Whilst we adopt all protections over personal information within our control, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted via the internet. As such, the transmission of any personal information via the internet is at your own risk and we cannot be held responsible for the security of such information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. Where we anonymise your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you. When the personal information we collect is no longer required, or you request it to be removed, we destroy or delete it securely.
If you have provided personal information to us, we will only send you direct marketing communications and information via mail or email with your consent.
If you do not provide your consent to receive direct marketing communications, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us at the details below or by using opt-out facilities provided in our communications. We do not provide personal information to other organisations for their direct marketing purposes and will not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties.
It is unlikely that we will need to disclose personal information to an overseas recipient or otherwise store personal information overseas. If we are ever required to do so, we will obtain your informed consent or ensure that the overseas recipients comply with the APPs.
To improve your experience on our Website, we may use ‘cookies’: small data files that are served by our website and stored on your device. These are used by third parties or us for a variety of purposes including to operate and personalise the website. Cookies may be used to record preferences, conduct internal analytics, conduct research to improve our offering, assist with marketing, and deliver certain website functionality. You may refuse to accept cookies by selecting the appropriate setting on your internet browser. However, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of our website.
Third party sites
Can I access or correct the personal information I give you?
We are committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information. Where requested, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information that we hold which relates to you, provided that the request is made in accordance with the APPs. We will also update any inaccurate information about you if you inform us that the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
There are no charges for requesting access to or correcting your personal information; however, if the volume of information we hold is excessively large, we reserve our right to charge you any reasonable administration fees (including fees for photocopying) associated with your request. You can contact us regarding access to or correction of your information by any of the following methods:
Post: 50 Waterway Drive, Coomera, QLD 4209.
Phone: +61 7 5502 5555
We will respond to those requests within 30 days in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act. If we refuse a request to access or correct personal information, where reasonable, we will provide you with our reasons for doing so and information about your ability to complain about such refusal.
In order to protect the confidentiality of your personal information, details of your information will only ever be passed on to you where we are satisfied that the information relates to you. Accordingly, we may request documentation from you that confirms your identity before passing on any personal information related to you.
If you have any complaints or feel that there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, you can contact us at the details set out above.
If you are not satisfied with the process of making a complaint to us, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at the details below:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Fax: 02 9284 9666
How to contact us